Our Local Farmers Markets
By now our gardens have been producing an abundance of fruits and vegetables, but if you don't garden or if your garden is more landscape oriented, don’t miss out on the wonderful flavors of summer crops. Patronize one of the many farmers' markets in and around the Kansas City area. Not only will you be treating you and your family with amazing produce, but you will also be supporting our local farmers.
There is always a festive atmosphere at the market ... produce, baked goods, hand crafts, food trucks and music. It's also the perfect family outing, so bring the kids and their wagons ... you'll be glad you did. As with all farmers markets, the earlier you arrive, the better the parking and selections. Markets have such a wide selection of produce, from the obvious fruits and vegetables to honey and grass fed organic meats. Vendors are friendly and there is always the lingering aromas of kettle corn, roasted turkey legs or fresh roasted corn. It's a feast for the the senses
The bounty of summer is just minutes away for most of us. Listed below is a list of farmer's markets in the Kansas City area.
1. The Kansas City River Market at 5th and Walnut. It's the granddaddy of all farmers' markets since the mid 1800's and the largest in the region. Hours: Saturday 7am - 3pm/ Sunday 9am - 3pm
2.. The Overland Park Farmers' Market at 7950 Marty St, Overland Park, KS Hours: Wednesday 7:30am - 1pm/ Saturday 7am - 1pm
3. The Brookside Farmers' Market at 6321 Wornall Rd, KCMO Hours: Saturday 8am - 1pm
4, KC Organics and Natural Farmers' Market at Minor Park 1235 E Red Bridge Rd, KCMO Hours: 8am - 12:30pm
5. Belton Farmers' Market at Memorial Park at 998 Commercial St, Belton, MO Hours: Thursday 4pm - 7pm
6. Independence Farmers' Market at 200 S Liberty St Independence, MO Hours: Saturday 6am - 1pm
7. Lee's Summit Farmers' Market at 13 SE 3rd St, Lee's Summit, MO Hours: Wednesday and Saturday 7am - sell-out
8. Lenexa Farmers' Market at bottom floor of parking garage located at 17201 W. 87th St. Pkwy., Lenexa, KS
Hours: Tuesday and Saturday 8am - Noon
9. Rosedale Farmers Market at 4020 Rainbow Blvd. KCKS Hours: Wednesday 3:30pm - 5:30pm/ Sunday 10am - 2pm
10. Original Town Farmers Market at TB Hanna Station Park, 214 S Washington, Raymore, MO Hours: Tuesday 4pm - 7pm